Become a Member and get involved! Join your local Slow Food community and the global movement. Slow Food is open to everyone: chefs, farmers, fishers, academics, producers, foodies, consumers, and more….
Support Slow Food! Make a one-time donation in any amount to one of our projects.
Go Slow in Your Life
- Buy whole ingredients. Cook them. Eat them.
- Avoid processed stuff with long ingredient lists. Eat real food.
- Grow some of your own food. Start in your backyard, community garden, or windowsill.
- If you eat meat, choose grass-fed, if you eat poultry or eggs, choose free-range, if you eat fish, buy sustainable and local whenever you can
- Whenever possible, meet the producer and get to know the story behind the food you buy.
Go Slow in Your Community
- Cook and eat with others – not just family and friends. Bring new people and perspectives to the table.
- Join a community garden and grow food with others. Share your produce to reduce food waste.
- Connect with your local Slow Food group for events and community projects.
- Shake the hand that feeds you. Meet the people who grow your food; shop at farmers’ markets, visit a farm, or buy shares from a farm that offers a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program.
- Learn about your local or regional food history and cultural dishes.
Meet the Slow Food communities around Australia. Connect with your local community, join local activities, set up your own food community, and support the movement!