“To change the world, you have to change the menu first”
Slow Food Noosa is launching the Snail of Approval Program in 2017.
This recognition program aims to inspire producers, chefs, restaurant owners and food outlets to use and promote good, clean and fair ingredients from the local Noosa area.
Businesses can be recognised if they produce food which is good, clean and fair.
- GOOD: seasonal, local, quality, flavoursome and healthy food
- CLEAN: sustainable production with low impact on the environment
- FAIR: accessible prices for consumers and fair conditions and pay for producers and staff/workers
The recognition scheme includes the following benefits for local businesses:
- Snail of Approval decal to be displayed at place of business
- Use of the Slow Food Noosa Snail of Approval logo on menus and/or publicity materials in accordance with our guidelines
- Listing on the Slow Food Noosa website directory of recognised businesses
- Business displayed as a recognised Snail of Approval recipient on a number of Food Trails featured in the region (tbc and subject to print runs)
- Included in the International directory of Slow Food producers and eateries – Slow Food Planet mobile application.
- Slow Food operates in over 150 different countries, so tourists, especially those from Europe, other parts of Australia, Asia and North America, realise the significance of the snail and often choose to visit establishments that comply with Slow Food principles.
Who can apply?
Businesses that support the philosophy of Good, Clean and Fair food that are based in the area between Caloundra and Tin Can Bay and out to the Mary Valley (loosely). Nominations can come from growers, restaurants, cafes, food artisans, retail outlets. Successful applicants must be, or make application to be, members of Slow Food Noosa.
The application process is free. However it is expected that successful applicants support the Slow Food movement by becoming (or already are) members of Slow Food Noosa.