What You Can Do
Connect with us! Get news and updates via our Facebook page and website.
Become a Member and get involved! Join your local Slow Food community and the global movement
Support Slow Food! Email us to make a one-time donation in any amount.
Go Slow in Your Life
- Buy whole ingredients. Cook them. Eat them.
- Avoid processed stuff with long ingredient lists. Eat real food.
- Grow some of your own food. Start in your backyard, community garden or windowsill.
- If you eat meat, choose grass-fed, if you eat poultry or eggs, choose free-range, if you eat fish, buy sustainable and local whenever you can
- Whenever possible, meet the producer and get to know the story behind the food you buy.
Go Slow in Your Community
- Cook and eat with others, not just family and friends. Bring new people and perspectives to the table.
- Join a community garden and grow food with others. Share your produce to reduce food waste.
- Connect with your local Slow Food group for events and community projects.
- Shake the hand that feeds you. Meet the people who grow your food; shop at farmers markets, visit a farm or buy shares from a farm that offers a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program.
- Learn about your local or regional food history and cultural dishes.